Established in 2006, MWA is an internationally-based collaboration of Muslim women writers and advocates working together to counter negative and inaccurate perceptions regarding members of the Muslim community and the Islamic faith.

Welcome!

Welcome to MWA's new home on the web! Please be patient while we take a bit of time to get more of our member works published. Bookmark us and stay tuned, insha'Allah!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Charity in Ramadan and always: a journal entry by MWA's Zabrina Abu Bakar

Today is both a happy and sad day for me.

Happy because a few days before turning two-years old on 17th Ramadan, today is the historic day that Tariq first helped me allocate and organize the household products we wish to donate to the poor.

Sad because while watching him carry those items which some are as heavy as he is, I remembered my dad's words to instill and develop very early inside Tariq 2 things:

One is the love for the poor and needy; and second is the spirit of volunteerism.

Dad, if you are here to watch your grandson, you'd be beaming with pride by the sheer dedication and insistent Tariq showed the whole time, alhamdulillah.

I remember what you said dad,

'It is never too early to start...'

Though I doubt you then, I agree with you now...

No comments:

Post a Comment